Hello! A Brave update was just released. Requires a quick relaunch

Hello! A Brave update was just released. Requires a quick relaunch …Requires a quick relaunch … relaunch … relaunch … relaunch … relaunch … relaunch … relaunch …

Really?

Why can’t Brave fix this for Mac OS X users?

The Brave management appears to have a positive vision for a secure web, but some of the Brave techies ask OS X users should delete hidden files, do reboots, and basically hack in their own fixes while the support techie keeps marking this issue as closed. I a techie, but I will NOT recommend this to other Mac users until you take the Brave base code for Mac’s more seriously.

YES - this is a common issue, and YES it’s been marked competed, but NO it’s not resolved in ANYWAY a common user can benefit.

Brave updates fail on Mac OS X unless logged in user has root access, in other words user has to be admin or have admin rights.

Who can I pass this info on to?

Is anyone listening?

The best way to report bugs to the devs is probably on GitHub.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues. The mods on this forum are also usually pretty responsive, and add the issue for you if it doesn’t already exist.

Hi @Clarityfyi

We have an issue logged:

Thanks,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.