HDCP issue on HBO NOW

The HBO NOW webpage works properly, but when I try and play a video, it says “An HDCP issue was detected with your device setup.” It works properly on Edge. I have Flash and Widevine enabled and Shields disabled.

I saw a topic that said to open a new topic if there are still issues with this.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Go to play.hbonow.com
  2. Try to play any video

This happens every time.

I am on version 0.25.2 on Windows 10

@ezra, thanks for reaching out!

Good news and bad news.

Bad news: This is a fairly old issue in the Muon build. The bad news is that its unlikely you’ll see this fixed in that build, due to the fact that it’s being depreciated.

Good news: The Muon build is being depreciated in favor of this:

https://brave.com/download

I highly recommend you install the new build and enjoy a much better browsing experience.

It runs in parallel with the Muon version you have installed now, so you don’t have to uninstall or overwrite anything and you can even import data from your previous Brave install into the new build.

More bad news: This particular issue with HBO seems particularly persistent and it seems is still around in the new build. The silver lining here is that the issue will be resolved in this build. You can view and track its progress here:

Kind of a mixed answer, I know. If any of this is unclear please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.