Having Trouble Installing Update (Brave 0.19.139)

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

I’m using MacOS 10.13.1 and Brave 0.19.134 - Unfortunately I’m having trouble downloading the most recent update - Brave 0.19.139

i. I receive a pop-up prompting me to enter my apple password
ii. The Brave drop down appears below the URL
iii. I select ‘download’ and my browser closes
iv. The browser does not reopen and the update does not install

When I reopen the browser myself, the update is not installed. I typically receive the pop-up again within 10 minutes or so.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to resolve the issue. Thanks!

cc @kamil and @LaurenWags on this. :slight_smile:

Hi @btjansen5

In step 1, do you mean your system password (to login to your laptop/desktop)? Is your account an Administrator on the machine?

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Yes, my system password. My account is an Administrator. The password is accepted and I’m able to click “Update” on the dropdown.

“An Update is ready to install. Brave is trying to add a new helper tool. Enter your password to allow this.” I enter my password and select “Add Helper”

Could this be what you’re experiencing? https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/5865

I wanted to reach out and reconnect on this issue.

I’m still unable to install new updates. I receive the message, “Hello! A Brave update was just released. Requires a quick relaunch…”

When I click “Update” the browser closes and never relaunches. At this point my only way to install updates is to completely uninstall and reinstall Brave.

Mac OS 10.13.1 and Brave 0.20.46

Hi @btjansen5

Could you take a look at https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/5865 and let me know if that is what you are seeing?

Thanks,
Lauren

Hello Lauren,

I believe it might be a separate issue. I only have one user on my Mac, which is an Admin account. My Admin account is unable to install Brave updates.

Hi @btjansen5

Thanks! Could you navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/brave and open updateLog.log (you can just use text editor). Do you see any errors in there?

Thanks,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.