Having problems with fanfiction.net

I’ve been having issues with fanfiction.net on this browser. At first, it was just a constant “Confirm Form Resubmission” Popup but I was still able to go on the site. Now though I can’t even log in as whenever I click on the login button it simply takes me to my profile without logging in.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to fanfiction.net
  2. Click on the Login button
  3. See what happens

Expected result:
What’s been happening with me is that I keep getting sent to my profile page without logging in. I’ve tried the site on Firefox and it’s working just fine.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.33.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
This is the only time I’ve experienced something like this while browsing on Brave so I find this extra weird. Please let me know if I need to do anything to get this fixed. I know this may seem like a minuscule problem but I love reading fanfics and Brave has been great to me since I moved from Firefox and Chrome.

Update: I’ve been able to fix the problem. I simply had to delete the site cookies and refresh the site and now it’s working fine. Though I will post any updates if I receive the “Confirm Form Resubmission” Popup.

Had no issues with the site here, though previous “resubmission” issues occurred due to an extension

Yeah, I was able to log in thanks to clearing the cookies and refreshing the site.

would you know which extension could cost the “resubmission” pop-up?

Going by memory, some dark-mode extension

then it must be the easy reader that I have on my Brave

1 Like

There’s been a small update. After clearing my cookies, fanfiction.net suddenly became this while screen with flickering buttons if I hover over them. I removed the Easy Read and Image enhancer extension and once again deleted the cookies but this time nothing happened. Any suggestions?

Just to show you what it looks like, here’s an image

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.