Haven't Received Ads the Past Month

Description of the issue:
Have not received brave ads this month. Not sure if it started when updating to newest version of the browser. I am using Mac OSX Catalina
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Use the browser

Expected result:
Receive up to 5 ads per hour
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.20.110

Additional Information:
If I right click a link in my email or other places, I have the option to open with Safari, Brave (80.1.3.115) or Brave (88.1.20.110). I have tried turning ads on and off, reducing them to 1 per hour rather than 5, resetting my computer etc. I use do not disturb occasionally, but have restarted since using that feature as well. Thank You

1 Like

Bump still looking for support please

They not gonna help your about number of ads on your browser. I am receiving only approx 5 ads / month. They know who to send ads to and who not :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. Are you a old user of Brave?

If you are unable to or have stopped seeing Brave Ads, please read through the following posts first to ensure that basic troubleshooting steps are checked:

After reading the above, if you’re still having trouble viewing ads, please answer the following:

Are you able to receive general desktop/push notifications?
You can test this by visiting https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html and forcing a push notification to appear.

Are you in a supported region (if so, which one)?
Check https://brave.com/transparency and confirm that you are in an applicable region

Give us a brief description of the ads behavior you’re seeing

What OS/Brave version are you using?
Please copy/paste the top 3 lines of your brave://version page

5 is the maximum I believe. I’ve been a user almost 2 years

Hello,
I have tried everything on that list. I am receiving notifications as well. USA region

Thank you

Brave 1.21.77 Chromium: 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Revision 62eb262cdaae9ef819aadd778193781455ec7a49-refs/branch-heads/4389@{#1534}
OS macOS Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H524)
1 Like

Try updating to the newest version of Brave (1.22.67). Also, are you using a VPN?

Just updated hopefully that works. I am using a VPN as of a few days ago but have been experiencing this issue well before I installed it

Try this:

1. Close Brave
  2. Turn off the VPN
  3. Restart Brave
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Turn the VPN back on

Hopefully you’ll start to see some ads within a few minutes. If so, you’ll need to repeat that process once per day, because the VPN is blocking the ads catalog from refilling automatically on your system. The Brave team is looking for a permanent solution, but in the mean time, this is a workaround.

1 Like

@brocantro,
To ensure that the system is working as intended all things “normal” I would recommend not using the VPN for bit until you can confirm that the system is working correctly without it. Updating was a good first step to take – if you don’t see any ads in the next hour let me know and we can do some troubleshooting.

Apologies for the long wait time on this.

Hello, I turned my vpn off completely, restarted my computer and used brave for a few hours and still have not received anything

@brocantro,
Above you stated you’re using macOS version

This shouldn’t be possible – Brave versions 1.20.x or higher don’t work on macOS 11 or earlier. Can you reconfirm what macOS version you’re using?

OS macOS Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H524)

Catalina

@brocantro,
That was my bad – my eyes crossed and you should be just fine with that version. Can you send me a DM with your wallet payment ID, found on your brave://rewards-internals page?

@easyday17 Please start your own thread and follow these instructions:

If you are unable to or have stopped seeing Brave Ads, please read through the following posts first to ensure that basic troubleshooting steps are checked:

After reading the above, if you’re still having trouble viewing ads, please answer the following:

Are you able to receive general desktop/push notifications?
You can test this by visiting https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html and forcing a push notification to appear.

Are you in a supported region (if so, which one)?
Check https://brave.com/transparency and confirm that you are in an applicable region

Give us a brief description of the ads behavior you’re seeing

What OS/Brave version are you using?
Please copy/paste the top 3 lines of your brave://version page

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.