Haven't had ads, nor payout, in 4 months

Im getting this
ERROR:refill_unblinded_tokens.cc(194)] Failed to get signed tokens

I have send msg to @steeven and he said my wallet is not flagged, but im still waiting for answer about thath error.

1 Like

the best thing to do is reset your wallet, but you will lose all the BAT you have and if you are verified then you will lose one device slot for external wallets(uphold or Gemini) verification.

I have had the same problem, there were no ads for 1 month and resetting did the trick and Brave started to show me ads.

note:-reset your wallet only if your BAT isn’t much.

@vintersorg25

I found this:

1 Like

@gitbugr ,

While waiting for @steeven . . .

You could edit your Original Post (“OP”) and whittle down the ERROR report to only the following lines, that show some issues:

[02 Feb 2022, 3:20:29.7 pm:ERROR:logging_util.cc(105)] Network error (net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED)
[02 Feb 2022, 3:20:29.7 pm:ERROR:get_available.cc(69)] Unexpected HTTP status: -1
[02 Feb 2022, 3:20:29.7 pm:ERROR:get_card.cc(44)] Unexpected HTTP status: -1
[02 Feb 2022, 3:20:29.7 pm:ERROR:uphold.cc(152)] Couldn’t get balance
[02 Feb 2022, 3:20:29.7 pm:ERROR:wallet_balance.cc(150)] Can’t get uphold balance

[02 Feb 2022, 3:24:40.5 pm:ERROR:logging_util.cc(105)] Network error (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)
[02 Feb 2022, 3:24:40.5 pm:ERROR:get_card.cc(44)] Unexpected HTTP status: -1
[02 Feb 2022, 3:24:40.5 pm:ERROR:uphold.cc(152)] Couldn’t get balance
[02 Feb 2022, 3:24:40.5 pm:ERROR:wallet_balance.cc(150)] Can’t get uphold balance

[02 Feb 2022, 9:30:13.0 pm:ERROR:bundle.cc(586)] Failed to save creative new tab page ads state
[03 Feb 2022, 12:19:13.2 am:ERROR:bundle.cc(558)] Failed to save creative ad notifications state
[03 Feb 2022, 12:19:13.2 am:ERROR:bundle.cc(572)] Failed to save creative inline content ads state
[03 Feb 2022, 12:19:13.2 am:ERROR:bundle.cc(586)] Failed to save creative new tab page ads state
[03 Feb 2022, 11:37:43.9 am:ERROR:logging_util.cc(105)] Network error (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)

[07 Feb 2022, 2:03:53.7 am:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[07 Feb 2022, 2:03:53.7 am:ERROR:uphold_wallet.cc(320)] Transferring tokens failed!
[07 Feb 2022, 2:03:53.9 am:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[07 Feb 2022, 2:03:53.9 am:ERROR:uphold_wallet.cc(320)] Transferring tokens failed!
[07 Feb 2022, 7:06:58.3 pm:ERROR:publisher.cc(774)] Publisher info not found

[07 Feb 2022, 10:16:29.7 pm:ERROR:ads_impl.cc(580)] Failed to initialize database:

[08 Feb 2022, 10:43:12.6 pm:ERROR:ads_impl.cc(125)] Shutdown failed as not initialized
[08 Feb 2022, 10:45:03.8 pm:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[08 Feb 2022, 10:45:03.8 pm:ERROR:uphold_wallet.cc(320)] Transferring tokens failed!

[09 Feb 2022, 4:30:30.8 pm:ERROR:bundle.cc(586)] Failed to save creative new tab page ads state

[09 Feb 2022, 5:56:09.8 pm:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[09 Feb 2022, 5:56:09.8 pm:ERROR:uphold_wallet.cc(320)] Transferring tokens failed!

And, be sure to back up your Bookmarks.

1 Like

There are huge problem about payout.

Many users did not receive payment each month on creators payout and sometimes they did not solve this problem.

Please solve this problem brave! that every users get there payment each month.

I am in the US, and I haven’t received any ads since some time last year.

Also, after logging out of my Uphold account, & logging back in as a test, I couldn’t log back in.

I run a VPN, as do most people, and I will always do so, for my safety. I received ads for a year or so while running the same VPN on the same settings. As an experiment, I turned it off temporarily, but it did no good.

Brave is apparently running into problems selling their ads, and they don’t want to admit it publicly. So they’re cutting massive numbers of people off, is what I’d say.

This is why they’re not responding to anyone’s complaints about there being no ad revenue. They obviously can’t sell ads, and don’t want anyone to know about it.

Hey guys, so after much work I finally was able to fix it.

The problem (for me anyway) was that database.sqlite had entries in them that brave was trying to recreate.

Here’s what I did:

-----> (please backup your database.sqlite FIRST) <------

Then, when you launch brave from terminal it will say something like:

"ad_events_timestamp_index already exists".

So I opened up database.sqlite and deleted that index (not the entire database).

After doing that, it said another index already existed.

So I deleted that one, and so forth… I think I had to delete like 4 indexes from the sqlite database.

Now ads are running again and I have my balance still.

The only downside is that I lost the February (and part of the January) balance, but at least it’s working again and all my other BAT is still there.

I can’t add a screenshot of what it looks like on this forum (it won’t let me), but the database is located for arch linux in:

/home/your_username/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/ads_service/

You can edit it with something like DB Browser for SQLite.

It took about 1 hour of running brave until ads starting coming back after that.

@steeven

2 Likes

DB Browser for SQLite

https://sqlitebrowser.org/

https://sqlitebrowser.org/dl/

When you run it, you can drag-copy your db into the large left-hand pane.

Then you can use the Database Structure tab, to view the file structure, and use the Browse Data tab, to view entries:

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 11.34.31 PM

1 Like

I hope there’s an easier fix than this if this indeed works. I’m not versed in messing with databases.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem. I don’t recall having any ads served to me since this year started. Regardless of device. Regardless if my VPN is on or off. Makes no difference. No ads, no rewards.

Raised it with a tweet (cause that’s all Twitter is any good for these days it seems: complaining).

Just want to see a resolution!

I’m in the same boat. I haven’t had a payout since I started in using Brave in December 2021. The ads stopped popping up on my laptop in late January.

HUH. So, I didn’t have the same issue as you. For me it was trying to create a table like another table (which didn’t exist in my sqlite db [ad_conversions].) - I tried looking for the schema and couldn’t find during my brief look around, I was about to look a bit more extensively, but in the mean time I wanted to test what would happen if I simply deleted (moved) my database. Whether it would recreate everything, and it did!

For me, the process was (on MacOS);

mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Profile\ 1/ads_service/database.sqlite ~/Library/Application\ Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Profile\ 1/ads_service/database.sqlite.bkp

and reopen Brave. I didn’t lose any previous earnings and I’ve just started receiving ads again. NOTE FOR OTHER THAT TRY THIS: YOUR MILAGE MAY VARY.

1 Like

In the interest of choosing a single solution as a starting point for people, I’ll synthesise @smile and my posts.

The relevant entry in the Brave logs was the line Failed to initialize database:. This suggests there might be an issue migrating the sqlite database that the browser uses to keep track of various things.

If I were to speculate, this could be due to not updating in a while and the relevant migration step being missed from a previous update. This is a bug that Brave need to fix.

For Arch Linux, the sqlite db file is stored in: /home/your_username/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/ads_service/database.sqlite

For MacOS, the sqlite db file is stored in ~/Library/Application\ Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Profile\ 1/ads_service/database.sqlite

Make a backup of this file before you try any of the steps to solve the issue.

@smile found that you can get some more verbose logs by launching Brave from the terminal. on Mac OS, this means running /Applications/Brave\ Browser.app/Contents/MacOS/Brave\ Browser in Terminal.

There they saw logs like "ad_events_timestamp_index already exists" .

@smile Solved their issue by deleting those indexes so Brave could recreate them

This can be done by connecting to the db using sqlite3 database.sqlite (or by using an sqlite database editor application of your choice) and running the following query DROP INDEX ad_events_timestamp_index; - They repeated this for each index.

Important note: @smile lost their February (and part of January) balance.

I solved my issue, which was not related to the recreation of indexes, using an easier, though potentially more risky method. I removed my database file and Brave recreated the file.

1 Like

I see a lot of people are having the same problem, i was expecting that the solution come with the pass of time but guess not, im Windows user…

Guess i have to give up to the rewards of January and Febraury and i dont see a way to fix this… T_T

@Axmand

For Windows, I believe the steps will be the same as above, though the locations and terminal syntax will be different.

Your Brave files should be stored in… %APPDATA% if I recall? Either AppData/Local or AppData/Roaming (Try both. You’re looking for the ads_service/database.sqlite file within.)

Then you have two options, both involve making a copy of the database.sqlite file first !! - Either, move/delete the file, let Brave recreate it and keep your fingers crossed that you don’t lose anything.

OR

open Brave using Command Prompt, and manually check what exactly Brave is failing to do with the database, correcting those issues my editing the file in an sqlite database editor.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, sadly the locations that you mention dont exist in my computer or maybe im misunderstanding the locations, when i enter in the “Applications” file it appears another 2 “99.1.36.122” and “SetupMetric” so im confused…

@gitbugr , @Axmand ,

C:\Users\ [username] \AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default/ads_service/database.sqlite

1 Like

Thanks for the tips and everything else, but the problem persist, im afraid that i lose forver the rewards from January and Febraury, also i dont get BAT’s for seeing sponsored images and ads, so i guess its a major problem with Brave or its me that i got the major problem…

I’m giving up. No help from the support team after several threads opened (they probably full). I’ll just delete the browser data and start a fresh start. 33 bats gone but it is wat it is.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.