Google Hangouts (hangouts.google.com) web app is not updating unless the tab is currently in-focus. This is especially evident/troublesome when using a pop-out chat window.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open a new tab and navigate to hangouts.google.com (login if not already)
- Choose a conversation and click the pop-out icon.
- Move the popped out window where you can see it
- Click a different tab (not the hangouts tab)
- Keep your mobile device handy, but with display asleep
- Have a contact send you a message to your hangouts account
Note that your mobile device notification alert plays, but the popped-out window does not update.
The window will not update until you navigate the main browser back to the hangouts tab, and even then, sometimes not until you click into something or refresh
Pop-out window should update when messages are received. Previous version of Brave did this without trouble. Often, notifications appeared in-browser before mobile notifications.
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 1803 17134.1184 64-bit
Version 1.1.23 Chromium: 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)