Description of the issue: I cannot login to GitHub on Android, at all.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
- Set up FIDO U2F on your GitHub account with a security with NFC, and also set up normal (time-based) (T)OTP.
- Install Google Authenticator on Android. Maybe add the TOTP token to it.
- Try to log in on GitHub.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
- Screen 1: enter username and password. Tap Sign In.
- Screen 2: GitHub asks for a TOTP code, “or press the button on your security key”.
- After a fraction of a second, Brave opens Google Authenticator.
- After another fraction of a second, Google Authenticator closes again to show Brave.
- After another fraction of a second, the browser navigates to the start of the login flow, asking for username and password.
When I use Chrome for Android for the same flow, it activates Google Authenticator successfully and I can proceed through the login flow with my NFC security key. I can also press the Back key in Authenticator to go back to Chrome and enter a TOTP as usual.
Expected result: Able to successfully login, at least with TOTP.
Reproduces how often: Every time.
Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in
Settings): 1.1.2, Chromium 75.0.3770.143
Mobile Device details Nexus 5X
Android/iOS Version Android 8.1.0
Additional Information: n/a