Had to re_install Brave & now I cannot access my Premium account using the original confirm account email link

@Saoiray Hi there, I am paying for the premium account. However, just lately i was doing multiple searches one after the other as I was looking up url addresses to many different social media sites so that i could block them using Nextdns. Unbeknown to me, the last search was enough to make brave think that i was a bot and it blocked everything. It was talking about some capcha and that I needed Web assembly I think it was. Well, I couldn’t get past this, so i needed to reinstall brave. But now, when i submit my accounts email address using the original confirm email address, I do not receive any link and therefore cannot gain access to my premium account. Can you please also give me the address of the provider you use to send these email links, so i can check to see if nextdns is blocking it. However, i don’t think this is the problem as I used the default provider and still did not receive any emails from brave.

Version 1.66 (113)
iPhone 6s Version: 15.8.2

@Newbie2 I’m going to suggest you create a Premium Support Ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360003078831

@Saoiray Thank you so much Saoiray, have submitted a ticket

@Saoiray Hi Saoiray, I’ve been in cotact regarding not being able to access premium account - still cannot access it and haven’t heard back from anyone regarding latest email.

What’s your ticket number?

@steeven and @B-Lee tagging to see if you might be able to follow-up

Thanks @Saoiray. @Newbie2 if you can share your ticket number I can investigate.

@Saoiray @steeven Thanks Guys, my ticket# is 268351