Grid layout hatred

Not sure where to post as I am bran new to this forum. I HATE the grid tab layout. When it went to chrome, I tried it for a couple months and hated it. A friend told me about Brave, tried it, loved and it kept the card stack.
Now it for some reason it went to grid view. I have disabled grids in flags but it does not work. I absolutley hate the layout, the apperance and the utility. I have a gimpy hand and have extreme
Difficulty using the grid as a result.
Is there any way to actually get the card stack view back. If not can anyone suggest a browser that does have it?
As it stands I keep 4 BLANK TABS OPEN just so I can reach/ navigate my tabs.
Any help or advice would be appreciated…
I disabled every tag group flag I could find, restarted multiple times, uninstalled, reinstalled and still nothing. I am so frustrated I made first ever forum post!

25 Likes

Im with you I hate the grid layout so much it makes me sick im so flustrated becouse ive spent hours trying to fix this thing. There was no reason to get rid of card tab veiw when you could pick batween which one you want!

10 Likes

Woke up to see my tab page is harder to navigate. Glad to see it was a recent update and can hopefully be undone.

7 Likes

@Ososuerte ,

3 Likes

Yes I did do a search before posting. I was hoping to fond a work around. I did not find the two you listed, I assume because i was searching the wrong terms.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree, don’t know why they got rid of the option in appearance to get rid of the awful grid layout! Honestly, I know many people switched to brave because they allowed the stacked view, no reason to stay with it if they are just going to become chrome. Please bring it back!

8 Likes

They are forcing the awful grid layout down our throats?? Luckily I just happened to come across this post as my Brave hasn’t updated yet for whatever reason. I’m glad I caught it in time to go turn off automatic updates.

That terrible grid layout was the final straw which caused me to ditch chrome and move to Brave. It never should’ve been forced on chrome without the ability to turn it off to begin with but Google’s gonna Google. As time goes on they keep getting worse about forcing terrible UI designs because they think they know what’s best.

Even knowing that Brave is built on chromium I was really hoping they would never succumb to that garbage.

The only reason I even found this post was because I was looking for a way to de-ampify links from Google searches in Brave. Apparently that is an often requested feature which has never gone anywhere. It seems some other browsers can do it so I suppose it’s time to switch.

It’s really a shame because I like Brave much better than any of the other browsers I’ve tried in the past but forcing grid layout is a deal breaker for me.

Anyway, I created an account just to say thank you @Ososuerte for making this post because otherwise I wouldn’t have known until Brave updated and it was too late.

8 Likes

I created an account here just to like your comment. I agree with your post. I left Chrome for the same reason.

8 Likes

I really feel you on this! As someone with limited hand mobility, not only is the tab grid layout annoying - it’s also an accessibility issue.

The mandatory tab grouping is why I switched from Chrome to Brave in the first place, and I’m seriously considering changing browsers again because of this :frowning:

7 Likes

I agree this is horrible, please bring back the stacked layout!

6 Likes

@AceMasterHan ,

“They are forcing the awful grid layout”

Correct.

8 Likes

just jumping in here to pile on the hate train. The goog is not making it easy for Brave by shoving all these crappy UI changes down the pipeline (well, hopefully it was the goog, and not a decision at brave to push it through).

6 Likes

This feature is absolutely terrible, please Brave team, make the stacked tab view permanently optional, or I’m gonna leave for another browser again.

4 Likes

I absolutely loathe whoever thought it made sense to do this. Just give us our cascade and stop forcing the file grid on everyone.

6 Likes

Please, please bring the cascade tabs.

3 Likes

Here’s a github issue, you can comment your support there:

I just discovered the change now. I thought I had accidentally pressed something that changed it to grid. Apparently not.
I hope brave goes back after all these complaints :pray::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

just came here to vote for all the hate about the grid tab. BRING THE CASCADE CARDS BACK PLEASE!

4 Likes

Doesn’t look like anyone from Brave support has has even bothered to respond to the comments here. Time to move on to another browser I guess

3 Likes

They did. Theres 4 different threads going about this and they have responded in the one called Only one tab view option.

1 Like