I have a great idea. What about an official Brave OS. A degoogled chrome OS that is compatible with chrome apps. I think it should be based on cloudready free edition.
- No google account needed with an option to set an email and a cloud storage provider
- Chromium is replaced with Brave.
- Apps sync over brave sync while user data syncs with a cloud storage provider of your choice.
- Option to set up your own cloud server on your (separate) computer such as a raspberry pi.
- Support for side loading android apps.
- Option to boot from a USB drive at startup that cannot effect Brave OS.
- BAT integrated into the OS.
Interface: I was thinking of something like gnome 3. With a vertical taskbar with a your favorite apps and a “all apps” button at the bottom for the rest of your apps.
- Email client
- Media player
- App store
- File browser
- Libreoffice Online
I would rather use this Hypothetical Brave OS than the Chrome OS I already have.
For Maximum market share, it should be released as a free download for those interested to install it on their Chromebook. Ideally it would be licensed under the GPLv3.