Graphical glitch when creating new tabs on android

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
When i create a new tab on the android browser i get a graphical glitch in the tab bar.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. click plus icon to create new tab

Expected result:
Stardard tab will appear
Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
Galaxy Z Fold 4
Samsung OneUI 4.1.1
Android 12

Additional Information:

It is possibly because Brave isn’t optimised on Fold phones

Actually no, there are others experiencing the same issue including myself, I’m on RedMagic 7 Pro which is not a foldable phone.

Here is the other post that already created:

Oh, my bad then, sorry!

Now, it definitely looks like a bug as so many users are reporting it.

The bug seems to be only on brave as chrome, and other chromium browser users are not reporting it.

Sorry mate this looks like something the design team will have to look at, I don’t work for brave but I hope they get on it for you soon.

I have also been experiencing this issue. The cursor for correcting typed text glitches out and becomes a square of glitch texture and my webpages will do it randomly.
Screenshot_20220912-170516_Brave

Related Brave GitHub Report

Workaround:

Enabling Vulkan via brave://flags#enable-vulkan fixes the issue :+1: The above will be resolved once we enable Vulkan via Griffin.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. That résolve this issue. Have this problem for a long time. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.