Graphical defects while browsing

Description of the issue:
While browsing, in the course of the past week I’ve noticed that my graphics are not as crisp as they usually are. On close inspection, I can see a faint grid pattern in solid colors while gradient colors are more patchy.

A great example of this can be found in the banner on top of the website.

Zoom in close enough and the brown of the banner will reveal this grid pattern, while the H and its surrounding circle look more erratic.

The background of eBay meanwhile has more of a diagonal pattern.

Here is a copy of bravedotcom.

I’ve cross-checked with google chrome, edge, and firefox, and they are not producing this problem.

Plugging and unplugging my laptop from AC power doesn’t cause any changes, nor does removing the battery.

Additionally, my drivers shouldn’t be the problem as they are both up to date and rolling back to default doesn’t solve this problem.

Windows 10 (1903) is up to date.

How can this issue be reproduced?
Simply browsing.

Expected result:
View links posted above for an image of the results.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 0.69.132 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@HoneyBadger can you try disable “Hardware acceleration” in Brave’s Settings? In case it can solve your issue.

Ahh, alright yes that does seem to be the problem as I do remember checking it but I didn’t immediately notice the problems! I’ll google it in the meantime, but any idea why this is attributed to that setting?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.