Grants not being paid out on second PC using the same wallet

Description of the issue:
In order to keep the same BAT balance between devices, I performed a key recovery on the second computer. However, whenever the payment date rolls around I get the grant notification on each PC and after accepting the grant on one PC, the notification on the second PC errors claiming it has already been accepted. As a result, I’ve managed to get my grants on one PC but I have pending rewards on the second.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install Brave on two different devices
  2. Back up the key from computer A
  3. Restore the wallet using the key from computer A on computer B
  4. Watch ads for a month on both computers
  5. Accept grant on computer A
  6. Attempt to accept grant on computer B

Expected result:
So as to avoid having to manage two separate wallets I would expect to be able to use the same across all devices.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version on both computers: Version 0.69.132 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@chrysoprase,
Are these grants form participating/viewing Brave Ads?

Yes. All of them are exclusively from viewing Brave Ads.

@chrysoprase,
You should be able to claim and withdraw both grants into the same wallet. Did you accrue any of these funds after you verified your wallet?

I’ve not verified the wallet and I don’t plan to. I’m simply using the same backup key on each device.

Hi unfortunately, right now, this is expected behavior. Using the same wallet key on multiple simultaneous devices is not yet officially supported. In the not too distant future, we are looking to do a full wallet sync so that your balances would properly appear on both and the grant claim would disappear on the second.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.