Got blocked by akismet

I have posted a bug in issues section, but it seems that akismet marked it as spam and blocked the post. Its been about a day now. Can anyone please review it?

Your discord is closed, and no one replies on reddit. Why can’t anything be easy nowdays?

@blackturtle,

One of these statements is true – a brief glance at the Brave browser subreddit should show the responsiveness of the team, especially when you consider the [size of the team] x [volume of requests].

That said, I’m not sure why it was blocked but I do see your original post. It looks like you have some wonky fonts showing up in the browser – can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration and see if that helps resolve the issue?

Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration
Make sure you relaunch the browser when prompted for the effects to take place.

Thank you for politeness Matt. I truly appreciate your reply.

I am sorry if I sounded rude, its just that I’ve spent entire day trying to make it work and I have fever. I also have to get back to work next week, thus trying to migrate over to Brave until I start with it.

Regarding my issue: Just tried it, didn’t work. I also tried to install neue helvetica and (reinstall) roboto. Didn’t work.

I just don’t know why it doesn’t work. It does on my work laptop. But this tower is my main workstation, and its where i spend majority of time.

Any clue what might be causing this?

@blackturtle,
What Operating System are you using? Additionally, does this only happen on a specific set of sites or on all sites?

I am using windows 10, 1903, 18362.295

It happens everywhere, and mostly affects titles.

EDIT: Everything works fine on firefox, from which im trying to migrate

@Mattches

Both ClearType and monitor’s own settings are working properly. I have just tested twitch and its absolutely unreadable. :frowning:

1 Like

@blackturtle,
Hmm, do you have any extensions installed in Brave? If so, which ones?

@Mattches none. It was clean install.

I have probably seen every single post on google on this topic today and no one ever resolved this issue.

There is even bug in chromium, marked as “wont fix”: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=437805

Temporary “solution” was to delete Roboto and Helvetica fonts. But that’s not real fix and doesn’t work for everyone.

I have noticed that when I select that bugged thin font and inspect element, go to checkbox with font and uncheck it - it makes font bolder and more normal. Might it be Chromium pulling wrong fonts?

@blackturtle,
Lets try attacking this a different way – can you try turning off Windows ClearType (or on, potentially) and see if this helps the issue at all? Pulled some instructions you can use here if you’re unfamiliar:

@Mattches

Sadly, that didn’t do anything :confused:

On this page: https://codepen.io/josdea/pen/OXyQNd

I am getting this: https://imgur.com/a/Ei4oJCT

And when I unticked font box in inspect mode, font changed and this time it was displayed correctly in another font.

I keep hearing google changed how fonts are used with something called directwrite, could it be bug related to it? Im not tech savy so I don’t understand all that

UPDATE: I deleted Helvetica Neue font from my PC, which seems to have fixed the bug. Howsoever, what I don’t understand is why chromium uses that god damn font when its set on Arial?

Would it be possible to make brave/chromium to not use helvetica neue on windows as the font is corrupted?

1 Like

@blackturtle,
Wow, great news! Excellent detective work – I’ve not actually seen that particular issue/fix for something like this. I’ll be sure to bring it up to the team and see if we can address it incase any other users run into the same problem.

Thank you very much for your patience and willingness to work though the issue!

1 Like

it was at least i can do as gratitude for your help and support. Thank you for creating brave browser!

1 Like