Google Tab Randomly Opens On Android

Sometimes when I open the brave browser on android it opens on Google. I never go on google so it isn’t a tab from my last browsing session. Why is this happening?

Hi @madaidan,

Please provide your Brave version and a record or a screenshot of the issue. It’ll really helpful. Since I’m not sure what Google page that opened on your device.

In addition, I never face this issue. So, maybe there’s something wrong.

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

I am on brave version 69.0.3497.100 on android. Here is the screenshot

@madaidan, it’s likely that your Home Page is set to google.com. Whenever you open a new instance of Brave with no previously loaded tabs, Brave will open one that defaults to whatever you homepage has it set to (assuming you have the Home Page option enabled).

To change this, do the following:

Now Brave should launch with this Home page. Additionally, the Home Page button on the top-left of your browser will also direct you to the specified page.

Hope this helps!

Thanks. It helped a lot. Now I don’t have to worry about google spying on me but why is the default homepage google?

Likely an artifact from chromium framework. There’s an issue open to change this, I’ll try and find it and reply back here with it so you can see.

Glad it helped!