Google sign-in "Browser Is not trusted" & Youtube crashing

Made an account just for this.
I Logged into my youtube account and videos kept crashing, and kept getting “error 5”. I deleted cache (All-time) and tried re-logging into my google account after but it said that the browser that I’m using (Brave) Isn’t trusted/supported. This problem only happened after I updated my brave browser. Is this a glitch, a technical issue, or do I have a virus?

Brave version:
Version 1.45.133 (https://brave.com/latest/)

Hello @w6rst

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Brave. Please accept my apologies for this issue. Could you please check with your shields enable or disable ?

To check that go to brave://settings/shields

For your second concern, please try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings one more time, to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration.

Let me know if that works and have a great day!

have a similar Brave (Version 1.46.133 Chromium: 108.0.5359.71 (Official Build) (64-bit) issue logging in to my Google account, and I tried the suggestions without success.

“GOOGLE Couldn’t sign you in; This browser or app may not be secure. Learn more
Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can try again to sign in.”

Update: I clicked RETRY to try again after each failed attempt and finally after 4 or more attempts, the login was successful. However, what caused this untrusted browser issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.