Google Sheets Keyboard Shortcuts not Working

Description of the issue:
Some of the most important keyboard shortcuts used in google aren’t working when I use Brave. Example Paste Special (Values Only) (Command + Shift + V) It works fine if I’m on the same sheet, however If I switch Tabs after copying, when I try to paste values only, it will not work, but if I paste as is, it will work perfectly fine. (This is just an example, there are other shortcuts that are not working as well)

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open two different Google Sheets
  2. Write some random text down.
  3. Copy the text using (Command + C)
  4. Move to the other google sheet
  5. Try to paste values only using (Command + Shift + V) or by (Right Click → Paste Special → Values Only)

Expected result:
Copied text to be pasted without any format or equations (Values Only)

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.20.110 Chromium: 88.0.4324.192 (Official Build) (x86_64)
](https://brave.com/latest/)

Additional Information:
Brave is a beautiful browser, it only took a few minutes of using it to be completely hooked, however this issue/bug I’m reporting is critical for me to continue using Brave, and I believe this is for anyone who will be using google sheets a lot, working with multiple sheets and tabs open at the same time.

I did some research before logging into the community to report this issue. I found multiple concerns around the same issue but with people using Firefox or browsers other than chrome. It seems to me that the issue is that the keyboard shortcuts are imbedded somewhere is chrome which is why they aren’t working on other browsers.

1 Like

I just found 4 topics created on the exact same issue. Hope you look into this soon!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.