Google Search .. right side Location Map preview shows and disappears

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

When I search a location on Google Search, the usual preview map on the right side briefly shows and then disappears. Unable to find switch to disable this.

Brave Version (check About Brave):

Version 1.49.132 Chromium: 111.0.5563.147 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Operating System:

OS/X 12.6.4 (21G526)

@bstern,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Just wanting to confirm, you’re referring to this preview here?

If so, how quickly does it disappear?

Yes, that is exactly the preview I’m referring to.
It shows and disappears within less than 1 sec. - enough for me to discern the contents.

@bstern,
Would you mind testing this in a Private browsing window and tell me whether or not you get the same results?

Sure. Just tried it, and it yields the same behavior. Should I disable all extensions just in case?

Discovered by selectively disabling / enabling every extension that the extension “Block Site - Stay Focused” is causing the problem. There is a newer version of it, but it costs money. So at least I know it’s not caused by Brave. Thanks for responding.

1 Like