Google Search Not Working


#1
  • A. My Google search doesn’t work but it does on chrome
    Windows 10. Brave version newest one it made me download

Google search worked fine until today it just says

This site can’t be reached
The webpage at https://www.google.com.au/search?q=this+is+what+i+searched&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=h018Wu76Goi4jAOLgqiIBQ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_FAILED

whenever i search for something.


Google search returns blank page with "ERR_FAILED" message
#3

Nope, nothing found, still not working.


#5

Just started getting the exact same error message constantly tonight when doing a Google search in Brave laptop/desktop browser (with shields up or down).

Happens both when searching from the URL bar or after visiting Google.com and then immediately after hitting the search button. This occurs regularly now, but occasionally, searches will complete without the error for a period of time, then return. Every single time, I can immediately switch to Firefox or IE, and complete the same search without issue.

Have not had any similar issues with any other websites loading properly, and there are no issues with virus, malware, etc. Almost appears to be a DNS issue, but doesn’t make sense that it wouldn’t also effect other browsers (router is configured to use ISP’s DNS server as primary, with Google and OpenDNS as alternatives)

Just wanted to provide my own experience with the issue (and I’ll uninstall Brave before ever installing remote access software… actually might do that anyway. After 3 months of regular use, I’m getting awfully annoyed with it constantly nagging me to upgrade and to try tokens, then forcefully upgrading with so many of the same bugs. It’s so close to being a great browser, but still so quirky and rough around the edges)

Brave: 0.20.30
V8: 6.4.388.40
rev: 8b78402e7b3b91d44d8146cbe4dc8013592c33fd
Muon: 4.7.9
OS Release: 6.1.7601
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 64.0.3282.119


#6

I’ve had this problem for a week now. Does anybody have any info suggesting Brave intends to fix it? Is it possible to reinstall older versions of the browser?


#7

To my knowledge older versions can’t be instealled and that shouldn’t really be the goal either. Could you explain your problem a bit more specifically as it’s been a month since this original post and you may have more information the team needs to solve it.

I have a few questions:

  • Can you make any Google search at all or no? And what about Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo, etc…
  • If you can search, what specific terms cause the problem (as the link in this original post works fine for me).
  • Can you remember anything at all you might have done before this that could have broken it?
    • Enabled an extension? Went to a site? Installed an unapproved extension? Anything other than updating?
  • Does a clean installation of Brave work? If so can you try to do whatever is necessary to get it to not work again?

I can assure you the Brave team is working hard on many of the bugs and feature requests found within this forum and we simply need to wait till they complete them. Until then we need to do our best to provide full and accurate reports on whatever issues we encounter to help save the team time.


#8

Hi @johnmcjhonson @AFD @PatB,

Also there’s an issue logged for this. Added your +1 to the issue.


#9

not working here.
with same search “wing vs vscode”, same starting point google.com, search works in IE 11 (yep), but not brave:

brave gives:
This site can’t be reached
The webpage at https://www.google.com/search?ei=iBiwWvivLuL_0gLwnbeQBw&q=wing+vs+vscode&oq=wing+vs+vscode&gs_l=psy-ab.3...12338.15720.0.15992.14.14.0.0.0.0.161.1363.10j4.14.0…0…1c.1.64.psy-ab…0.11.1149…0j0i131k1j0i67k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j33i160k1.0.LFqOd5yIq0k might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_FAILED

brave verstion:

Brave: 0.21.21
V8: 6.5.254.36
rev: 56a3d76b405a489d91e4be692eaf65fcd5405d47
Muon: 4.9.3
OS Release: 6.1.7601
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 65.0.3325.162


#10

(please ignore the “webpage” link in my last message. copied from wrong brave error tab.)
the procedure is still:

  • start at google.com
  • type “wing vs vscode” (i guess mostly anything) into search box in google page, and
  • “search” (in google page).

#11

sorry for my noob in this forum: where is the +1 icon? do you mean the “like” (heart shape) icon?


#12

Hi @soldcake, I added +1 to the GitHub issue which used by the team to track bug and report.

This forum is for users to report issues, requesting a features, give feedback, etc. While GitHub used for dev purpose. Feel free to open new thread in this forum if you have another report or request.

Hope it clear enough.
Best,
:slight_smile:


#13

I had this issue as well. As of a few weeks ago I could no longer access Google search or any of my google accounts via the Brave browser. Turning off the Brave shield did not initially solve this.

Not sure why, but going into my Brave settings and turning off HTTPS Everywhere allowed me to use Google search again. I turned it back on, and Google search still works. I can’t be sure those were my exact repro steps but I was frustrated with this problem for awhile and it is now finally working for me again.


#14

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.