Google Photos edit album does not work

Description of the issue: I cannot edit an album in Google Photos. The menu appears, but clicking on “Edit album” does nothing in Brave. It works fine with Chrome. It used to work with Brave, but recently stopped working. Similarly, there are some basic text entry issues with Brave using Google sites. For example, adding an event to Google Calendar generally works, but in some cases, going back to edit the text results in what appears to be a nonfunctional keyboard; i.e., pressing keys does nothing. Sometimes refreshing the page and starting again helps. But not with the “Edit album” function in Photos.

Exact URL of the website in question: photos.google.com; calendar.google.com

Did the issue present with [default Shields settings] (https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023646212-How-do-I-configure-global-and-site-specific-Shields-settings-)? (yes/no) Shields up or Shields down makes no difference.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? Shields up or Shields down makes no difference.

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no): None that I’m aware of.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Yes

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.58.137 Chromium: 117.0.5938.153 (Official Build) (x86_64) on MacOS 13.6 and 14.0

Hello @jeffreykey

I have the same Brave version installed as you have, but I have no problems when editing albums on Google Photos or events on Google Calendar.
Sometimes, an extension could be responsible for this error. Do you have already tried to disable all of them and reproduce the issue?

@jeffreykey,
I am also not seeing this issue — I’m able to edit Google Photo albums as well as on Google Calendar. I suspect an extension may be in play here? Can you try testing this behavior when using a Private browsing window and see if you’re able to edit the album?

Thanks for the suggestions, @chraebsli and @Mattches. I didn’t think about extensions because I haven’t added any in a long time. However, it DOES appear to be a problem with an extension that recently updated: G App Launcher. It has a behavior option to “Override button and launcher” that seems to be a new addition. I changed it to “Don’t override” and now both Google Photos and Google Calendar editing seem ok. I’ll write back if the problem persists. Otherwise, case closed! Thanks again.

2 Likes

@jeffreykey,
Glad to hear you were able to isolate the issue.

Have a wonderful day!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.