Google Pages (Drive, Contacts, Gmail) freeze/lag in Brave

Description of the issue:

Google sites have freezing or lag issues.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. After using Google Drive for a while, the page will freeze on uploading files to a folder, or sometimes even scrolling in the files list.

2. The Google Contacts legacy version pages freeze after a search for a contact - the contact search results appear, but the page freezes so that no contact can be opened.

3. Options that don’t work:

• refreshing the page is ineffective - remains frozen
  • duplicating the tab is ineffective - new tab is still frozen
  1. Eventually, in Drive, Brave opens a “tabs inactive” dialog:
  • choosing to retry is ineffective
  • stopping the process refreshes the page, so it can be used again
  1. Legacy Contacts usually freezes permanently, in a “waiting for Google” state.

2. Some Google apps, like gmail, can experience major lags while typing.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

See above.

Expected result:

Work should flow in the normal way, without page freezes or major lags.

Reproduces how often:

Always in Google Legacy Contacts; after an indeterminate time (at least once a day) in Google Drive, periodically in Gmail.

Brave Version(about:brave):

Version 0.59.26 Chromium: 72.0.3626.64 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) - and previous versions.

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

Yes.

Additional Information:

While I use Brave for Android, and would love to use it in Windows as well, the disruption to my work caused by the issues listed above makes that impossible. While I realize that part of this problem probably originates with Google connectivity issues, I find that I must return to the Chrome browser unless and until this can be fixed. Regrets.

Have you tried clearing browser cache once and see if it helps? Do you have any extensions installed? Does disabling them help?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.