Google Login Error


**Description of the issue:

Yesterday, i installed the Beta version on my windows 10. Since then i tried to login to google countless number of times.
But each time after putting the password and okaying the 2FA via my android phone, it shows that some error have occurred.

How can this issue be reproduced?

  • Just try to login from any of the google’s product, (google or youtube etc.)

Expected result:

  • after clicking ok on my android for the 2FA, the login process should be completed.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
[Version 1.14.65 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)]

@kabbir86,
Can you check and see if changing the cookie control settings in the Shields panel for mail.google.com to Allow all cookies allows you to authenticate?

I have tried that already. I’ve also tried keeping the shields down. No luck. Still the same outcome.
“Something Went Wrong.”

@kabbir86,
So I was actually just observing this behavior myself on the Nightly build. I was confused as to what was happening but I simply stopped trying for a moment, came back later and it worked without issue.

Would you mind trying to clear the cache/site data for Google and then try authenticating again? Quickest way is to click the Lock icon, then Site settings --> Clear data:

I tried that too mate.
Still no luck.

@kabbir86,
Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time?

I think i have IDM and google translator. I can try disabling those.

I tried after disabling all the extensions. It’s still the same.

Brave - stable works just fine or any other browser for that matter. Only Brave- Beta is facing issues.

@kabbir86,
If that’s the case then this will likely be fixed with the next channel migration (when each build updates to the next version). I will, however, make sure the devs are aware of this and to ensure that if so it doesn’t get pushed into stable.

1 Like

Surprisingly… it worked flawlessly on the Nightly version at the very first try.

1 Like

@kabbir86,
Yes, this is what I was talking about. Subsequent updates (moving down the release pipeline now) will probably fix this issue as soon as they hit stable.