Google Keep Extension

Description of the issue:
Even logged into a Google account the Google Keep plugin doesn’t work

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Access the Brave Store (Chrome Store);
  2. Install the Google Keep extension;
  3. Try to add some content to your Keep account;

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
A message is being displayed over the modal and even clicked to do login any action is dispatched;

Captura de Tela_selecionar área_20220820020755

Expected result:
Recognize we are already logged in and let us include information, etc;

Reproduces how often:
Every try;

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Linux Debian with PLASMA and Brave version 1.42.97 Chromium: 104.0.5112.102 64 bits

Additional Information:

2 Likes

This extension was developed for Chrome. Did you contact the extension support to check if it is compatible with Brave?

The issue must be related with the way they preserve your login data. Likely due to cookies. Brave tries to preserve your privacy, thus some of these login techniques fail.
Try disabling Brave shields to see if it fixes your issue.

I have the exact same issue on rhel 9 with the same build (Version 1.42.97 Chromium: 104.0.5112.102).

Allow google login for extensions enabled
Allow google login for 3rd party enabled

The Google Keep extension can only work on Chrome. This is intended and there is nothing Brave can do about that.

OK

I found some reports online of people successfully logging in with the allow google login for extensions, but maybe those were old posts

I highly doubt that. The restriction is on Google side, and their devs said they won’t fix it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.