Google images not loading properly

Description of the issue: Whenever I try to search for anything on Google Images, almost none of the pictures load and if I try to click on the pictures, nothing happens.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to Google Images
  2. Search for anything

Expected result: I expect the pictures to load and to be able to left click or right click on the images and have something happen.

Brave Version( check About Brave): V1.25.72

Additional Information: I noticed someone else posted the same issue here: Google Images Not Loading All Images
Unfortunately, this doesn’t offer a solution for me as I’ve already cleared the cookies and cache. I also clear all browsing history daily in general. In Private Mode, Google Images works fine. When I turn off all shields, on the normal browser, the images still do not load. When I open Google Images on Microsoft Edge, the images load properly as well. This issue only started for me in the past one or two weeks and I haven’t downloaded anything new in that time.

1 Like

Does using a fresh user profile resolve the issue?

Creating a new profile had the same result as opening a private window; google images worked properly.

After going to brave://extensions/ in my normal browser (the one I was using before creating a new profile), I tried just turning some extensions on and off. It seems that the issue was that Bitdefender Anti-tracker somehow kept Google Images from loading properly

2 Likes

Thank you so much Darkrai! It turned out to be bitdefender and their anti-tracker, so I turned it off and all images work again! :smile:

1 Like

@Darkrai203,
Thank you for the update and for confirming which extension was causing the issue. This will help other users (such as @gypsysnail ) avoid the same issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.