Description of the issue:
The web-based Skype alternative, Google Duo, doesn’t seem to work within the Brave Browser. I have accepted the permissions for it to have access to my laptop’s microphone and camera, however, it will still not work.
In addition, I have also disabled the Brave Shield and cleared the Google Duo cookies, yet, my issue still exists.
It works perfectly with Mozilla Firefox, so I know that it isn’t a general problem with my laptop or Google Duo itself.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Go to https://duo.google.com/
- Click on ‘Try Duo for web’, located in the top-right corner of the screen:
- Sign into your Google Account.
- Verify phone number if you haven’t used Duo before - and you may need to install the app on your smartphone.
- You should be presented with a home screen with your contacts:
- Click on a contact and you’ll see MY issue: NOTE: My issue is seen under the ‘Actual Result’ section.
Using the Firefox Web Browser:
How Often It Reproduces:
Every time I’ve tried using Google Duo on my Windows 10 Laptop and Linux Laptop. It works all the time with Firefox.