Google Calendar text input loading/rendering issues after latest browser update

Description of the issue:
The last couple of days, I’ve noticed issues using Facebook Messenger and Google Calendar - the text inputs and chat boxes are not loading/behaving properly.

• Google Calendar - I cannot see what I am typing into different input fields
  • Facebook Messenger: chatbox UI does not load properly, I cannot see latest messages, and when I send a message, it does not display until several reloads

How can this issue be reproduced? (GCal)

1. Open Google calendar
  2. Create a new calendar event or update existing one
  3. Try to edit event title / location inputs

Screen Recording 2024-02-09 at 5.03.13 PM

Expected result:
Google Calendar: To be able to see what I am typing into inputs

*How can this issue be reproduced? (FB Messenger) *

1. Open Facebook
2. Click an existing chat with friend (UI bugs are visible at this point)
3. Try to send a message - will not display immediately

Expected result:
Facebook Messenger: To be able to see latest messages without errors and not having to reload multiple times to see new messages I send as well

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.62.162 Chromium: 121.0.6167.164 (Official Build) (x86_64)

I don’t use Brave, but I’ve also run into this issue and haven’t seen any other posts about it. Issues started around the same time as this post. I’ve noticed the issue also occurs when renaming tabs within Google Sheets.

Using Chrome Version 121.0.6167.161 (Official Build) (64-bit).

1 Like

@Mattches hoping you can take a look. FB issues seem to be resolved - not sure if this is a Brave or Chrome issue?

Thank you!

@hannakim,
Thank you for reporting.
Can you please try testing this on these sites with Shields down to see if the issue has to do with Shields?

Can you also try testing this in a Private browsing window as well as in a fresh profile (if the behavior persists in a Private window) and tell me if you get the same results?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.