Google calendar not showing contact birthdays... chrome does

Description of the issue:

When using current version of Brave with shields disabled, logged into calendar.google.com, I am unable to see any contact birthdays. The “contacts” calendar is enabled and not hidden. Utilizing the same account and settings on Chrome (Version 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (64-bit)) all contact info/birthdays are visible. Likewise, using default calendar app on Android (and A++ Calendar app) shows the birthday info.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Log into google/gmail account
    2.Go to calendar.google.com
  2. Enable/check/unhide “Contacts” calendar under “my calendars”
  3. Go to a date with a known contact birthday to see if birthday is visible from the contact calendar view.
    No contact calendar is displayed.
    Expected result:

A birthday for the contact should appear with the calendar owner being “Contact”.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.45.123 Chromium: 107.0.5304.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Since I rarely use the desktop calendar to check for birthdays (relying almost entirely on my Android calendar to notify/remind), I don’t know how long contact calendar birthdays have been missing.

1 Like

Hello there @erkme73 please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. Could you please try opening your main profile in private or guest mode to see if the birthdays load? If they load, try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menu --> Open Guest window:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu → More tools → Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks for the pointers. Yes, it would appear to be a profile issue. Don’t know why I didn’t think of checking that myself. I used a guest profile and logged in under my google account. It came back with the “contact” birthdays being displayed.

I don’t have many extensions installed:

Any pointers on how to restore the functionality without wiping my current profile?

1 Like

Hello again @erkme73 I’ll begin by uninstalling the Gmail Mod extension to see if the birthdays can be seen. If they do try a fresh installation of the extension.

Let me know if that works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.