Google and brave on Ubuntu 18.04

I got an error with sudo apt update and sudo apt-get update. It seems that google and brave has the same url. The system can’t update properly. Tried to edit source list in etc/apt folder, but the issue came back after clean install as well. why? Any way to avoid it or the two can’t coexist on Ubuntu 18.04.

you can add chattr -i on /etc/apt/source[…etc] and your file with repositories fix and now be change. but i support is no very nice for default.

Can you be a little more specific please. And say a little more about this. Thank you!

Would you mind sharing a screenshot (or copy/pasting) the error messages output by the console on your machine when you attempt to update? Additionally, did you install Brave initially via Snap or through command line instructions?

https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man1/chattr.1.html

you add on file file with url brave repositories chattr, and if google repositories want update your file with brave he no can do it never

look parameters man pages immutable (i)

i now on wendaws because wait chromium on wayland native, i dont know how file and where sources list brave in etc apt, but you can use command find and know it, /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ there look

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.