Going to Payments/Rewards could be slightly faster

I didn’t want to create a Github issue on this because it’s not vital and I’d like more information on it.

I suspect entering Payments from all the ways available even in Brave-Core will take as long as it currently does and I think one of the main reasons is because it unnecessarily loads all the Sites behind the scenes even if a user toggles ‘Show only included sites’.

It’s obviously not a huge issue as it still is under 10 seconds and that’s better than something greater but I was wondering if the team can test ‘Show only included sites’ technically toggled, meaning it isn’t toggled by the user but Brave temporarily toggles it to hasten Payments from taking its time and freezing, after which the other Sites can appear if it’s not toggled by the user.

Unless I’m completely incorrect and all the Sites when ‘Show only included sites’ is toggled doesn’t really load behind the scenes when a user switches to Payments, which is why I’d like more information on it.

The reason why I think to the contrary, is because literally all the sites and analytics appear instantly after you un-toggle ‘Show only included sites’.

Brave: 0.23.105 
V8: 6.8.275.24 
rev: 9a46f8f5cb22a9daf2af21989aed25911aa6f839 
Muon: 8.0.9 
OS Release: 4.12.14-lp150.12.16-default 
Update Channel: Release 
OS Architecture: x64 
OS Platform: Linux 
Node.js: 7.9.0 
Tor: 0.3.3.8 (git-99f9816efa08ab83) 
Brave Sync: v1.4.2 
libchromiumcontent: 68.0.3440.84

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.