Gmail not working "cookie mismatch"

When I try to open gmail I get a message saying that they have detected an issue in the cookie settings. I have cleared all the cached and also turned of the shields. See attached screenshot. What am I not doing or doing wrong here?

try to enable all cookies in the settings, then clear the cache and log in.

Still not working…

@AmericanPlantExchang,
Had you imported any data from another browser into Brave? We’ve had some issues with imported cookies in the past.

Either way, clear all you cache/site data for google.com and accounts.google.com (again), then open your Shields panel and set it to Shields = Up, but change the cookie setting to All cookies allowed, then try and authenticate again.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I did import data, I can’t really remember what was imported specifically but it was everything from firefox and chrome. all of my usernames and passwords I believe. If I am remembering correctly I was initially able to log on to my personal gmail, then when I tried to open my G Suite account through my personal account I started getting that message. And then was unable to open gmail in any form. I tried doing what you said with no luck. attached a screen shot.

@AmericanPlantExchang,
Can you/would you mind trying to clear all your browsing history? I know this issue has been resolved previously by similar methods when cookies from Google were imported – its simply a matter of removing the right data in order to get it to work.

Success! I cleared everything except my passwords and it is now working with shield up and cross-site cookies being blocked. Thank you.

2 Likes

@AmericanPlantExchang,
You’re very welcome! Apologies for the inconvenience :slight_smile: