Gmail does not open on laptop

bug

For a couple of week, Gmail does not open anymore on from my laptop. Here is the error message.

This site can’t be reached. The webpage at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. ERR_FAILED

I doubt it is an Gmail issue since it works fine from my Desktop (OXS iMAC, latest OS, latest Brave).
Below are my laptop references. Please advise.

|Brave|0.21.24|
|V8|6.5.254.36|
|rev|19c78a1|
|Muon|4.9.3|
|OS Release|17.7.0|
|Update Channel|Release|
|OS Architecture|x64|
|OS Platform|macOS|
|Node.js|7.9.0|
|Brave Sync|v1.4.2|
|libchromiumcontent|65.0.3325.162|

You might want to check the version of Brave you have on the desktop that works. The version on your laptop is the Moun build which is being depreciated .

:point_up: As @kbounds56 mentioned, the first thing I would do would be to update to the latest release.
You are using the Muon Brave build. We have since deprecated Brave Muon in favor of this:

I highly recommend you install the new build and enjoy a much better browsing experience.
It runs in parallel with the Muon version you have installed now, so you don’t have to uninstall or overwrite anything and you can even import data from your previous Brave install into the new build.

If you decide you’d like to stick with the version you’re using now and want to resolve the problem, check to see if you have updates available by

1. Opening the menu
  2. Settings --> Help --> Check for Updates
  3. Brave will automatically search for available updates

If this doesn’t work you can download updates/installers for the live version of the Muon build you’re using here:

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

The update feature did not work. I have deinstalled Brave, downloaded and installed the new version. It works fine now. Thanks!