I just noticed a problem when I tried loging into my gmail account. I’m using 2FA authentication with an app on my smartphone. The app asks if I’m loging in myself, I tap ‘yes’ and the loging is confirmed.
The problem in the Brave browser only shows up when the shield is up. When gmail sends a request to my phone, it directly opens a pop up asking if I want to try again or try another method. When I confirm the request on my phone, it does not log in but sticks to the screen it is on at that moment. It does not matter how many times I try it.
Steps to reproduce:
- Activate 2FA authentication in gmail, use the mobile app.
- Have the shield in the brave browser up
- Login to gmail on your pc, in the brave browser
- Accept the verification on your phone
- Login is not possible
- When the pop-up appears asking if you want to try again, deactivate Brave’s shield
- Press ‘Try again’
- Accept the request on the phone again
- Activate Brave’s shield again
I’m using Brave (version 0.15.314) on windows 10:
Update Channel: dev
Is someone experiencing this problem too, or does someone have a solution for it that does not involve deactivating Brave’s shield?