Gmail 2-step verification too frequent

I have been using 2-step verification on my GMAIL accounts. Each time i login in the “dont do this any more for htis device” box is always ticked. LAst night i had to use 2-step verification many times.
I am assuming it is because something is deleted when i close my browser.
Can you tell me if it is possible to avoid this as last night it was so frustyrating i turned 2SV off for all of my GMAIL accounts.

One of the features of Brave is privacy. So, yes. You get more 2FA requests than with other browsers.
From my point of view this is good. It increases safety. I prefer it that way than knowing anyone could come in my back and get logged in without my confirmation.
Actually this is one of the reasons I use Brave.

I hear you. But disagree because it takes the decision away from the user. I am hoping someone can tell me if it is possible fr this to be less severe. Otherwise it will be back to the edge for me.

Hello @ngwillis, thank you for contacting us. Can you please answer the following questions so we can further investigate the issue:

1 - What kind of device and OS do you have?
2 - Have you updated to the latest Brave version? If this is a desktop computer found at brave://version) to download the most recent one (https://brave.com/download/)

3 - A screenshot of the issue (if possible).

Regards.

Hi and thank you for getting back to me.

I have not used Brave for a few weeks and at the time of sending have just been trying to replicate my problem. As of today, and at least at the moment, i have tried to log into my Gmail several times including re-booting and it never asked me to go through 2PV. So i will have to try a little harder over the next few days. WIll post again soon thx.

Hello and thanks again.

I spent yesterday trying to recreate my problem and failed.
So i will need to back-peddle on this to see if the problem was elsewhere on my system.

If i do not find any issues i will come back and confess my situation otherwise i will come back with the info you requested or admit failure.

For the moment at least. Thx for you time.

Hello again @ngwillis no problem, let us know if the issue has been fixed or if there anything else we can do to make this right. Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.