Glitch in Brave Rewards or Brave ?!?

I started to use Brave as a browser on January 23rd. When I came into the office this morning and started working my estimated pending rewards were shown as 2.2 BAT. Unfortunately, I didn’t pay attention to the counter for ad notifications received this month as they are not shown on the home screen when you lunch Brave.

Due to an update, I had to restart my laptop and when I opened Brave the estimated pending rewards suddenly decreased to 1.75 BAT. At this stage I checked the counter for ad notifications received this month as well - counter showed ‘44’.

In the beginning, I noticed that each ad shown added 0.05 BAT to the estimated pending rewards. Doing the math, a counter with 44 ad notifications received this month would result in approx. 2.2 BAT but not 1.75 BAT.

Someone else experienced the same this morning? This shouldn’t happen at all? Well, we are talking just about a few cents but imagine this has happened across all Brave users. Is there support I can talk to? Some other forms of validation possible? Any ideas?

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch for reporting @bitcoindelight. Can you share a screenshot of your Ads viewed panel?

@steeven I’m still in the same boat. https://i.imgur.com/Oh3C0Rg.png
Half my bat rewards disappeared

Same issue here. Missing 30% of my Bat on my ipad and iphone. The screen shots are from my ipad. I have auto contribution turned off since day 1 on both devices.

I also have the same problem in windows 10 and android half of my balances disappeared please help me

Hi @steeven

As requested, please see screenshots below

30 01 2020 09.28am brave

ads viewed 24 01 2020 brave 02

Unfortunately, the ads viewed on January 23rd are not listed anymore. Please let me know if you need anything else.

ads viewed 28 01 2020 brave 02

Hi steeven,

10.30AM in my time zone - I just clicked on a notification for another ad. Then I opened a new browser window to do my normal stuff. BAT rewards instantly decreased to this here:

Counter for viewed ads remains normal:

When I opened my browser this morning the value was 53.
But it simply decreased BRAVE rewards again.

I am also having this issue and posted to another thread. Is there any ticket created or way to monitor what steps are being taken to address this issue? If there is another definitive thread that deals with this issue can you post the link? Thanks

Hi @bitcoindelight - thanks for sending this additional in. Can you PM me and my colleague @Asad your Rewards Internal info: brave://rewards-internals

Just an update to the community: So far I provided steeven and Asad with my rewards internal info but haven’t heard back from them since then.

To be honest the number of people complaining with similar issues is concerning. I never received any feedback from chriscat who asked for the same rewards internal info. Somehow it feels really disappointing as I wonder how many people have been affected but do not even care as we talk about cents. But if that issues was effecting all wallets then suddenly we speak about plenty of $$$s.

Now I have another issue. I did not get those those 5 BAT I tipped myself from brave ads. Who can help me?

Hi @bitcoindelight - we actually found some major issues with the Ads platform that we are currently fixing, improper Ads counts being one of them. Since the issues are widespread, we aren’t always able to inform people 1-on-1 – apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Be patient my friend with the Brave team. They always fix any issues and gives us a resolution. I am sure they are working hard in the background around the clock. And remember that even though technology allows us to receive messages instantly, humans can’t work that fast.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.