Gleam issues with shields

I have noticed that if I have shield up and visit a site with Gleam embedded, that when you log in then try to enter, it takes you back to log in.

I have had this for about 6 months.
I always have to disabled the shields, then enter.

It lets you log in fine, but when you actually enter it just takes you into a circle of being logged out, logging back in, try to enter, get logged out etc.

Only when they embed gleam, if they just link to the gleam site then it works fine.

This is any gleam embed on any site.

You can test it here. Log in with say twitter or whichever on gleam. Then enter a name to try to enter the comp.
It will take you back to the form logged out.
It will repeat constantly.

Just changed computers so reinstalled brave and doing it on this computer too.

Been many versions of Brave for many months with Gleam.

1 Like

@ukheather,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Can you try logging in with Shields up, but changing the cookie control setting to All cookies allowed and see if this helps the issue?

1 Like

Yes that seemed to work

Anyway to fix it so that I don’t have to allow them every time as this is every single site with gleam embedded

1 Like

@ukheather,
If you have a Gleam account, you can login and set Shields to All cookies allowed there – this should apply to all sites where Gleam is embedded. If not, please let me know.

1 Like

You can only login to the site if you have a business account, one for setting up gleam competitions rather than entering. The login on the gleam site is for those that made an account to set up competitions on their site.

You can only login on a competition form otherwise which isn’t on the gleam website, its just on users sites & domains, so you can’t apply the all cookies allowed unless you set up competitions.

Really annoying as you can’t just allow every domain to have all cookies.

Is there no way to fix this?

@ukheather,
Reaching out to the team about this. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like