Ghostery extension

performance

Please, can brave team add this extension to the brave? It’s a very good extension and it gives more privacy to the browser :slight_smile:

This is the link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ghostery-–-privacy-ad-blo/mlomiejdfkolichcflejclcbmpeaniij?hl=en

Brave already has a decent anti-tracking module :slight_smile: but I agree with you. Essential add-ons like uBlock origin, privacy badger & Avira Safe Browsing are still missing. uBlock origin over default brave adblocker because it not only blocks advertisement but also gives user a manual option to block a frame that was initially missed by uBlock origin. Privacy Badger to have a strict control over unknown + stealth trackers. Avira Safe Browsing [Free] for better protection against phishing & malicious sites.

This has already been requested on another thread

The thread also says that there are problems with ghostery, as it shares data with evidon and cliqz, so it doesn’t actually protect you.

Hey!

I’m not sure about this but doesn’t ghostery provided an option to disable collecting & sharing users logs & data?

Regards :slight_smile:

Ublock/matrix Integration pls

I don’t know. I do know that Ghostery’s data sharing policies are a bit iffy.

I wouldn’t hesitate agreeing on this ╮(╯▽╰)╭

This!

Moreover, I find that Brave is not able to block social media comment sections on websites (the ones where your Facebook/Twitter etc. account is automatically logged in). How do I know Brave prevents tracking pixels from tracking my social media accounts on websites?