Getting security warning in Brave but not Chrome

When I click on a link in an email from Staples Brave Version 0.57.6 Chromium: 71.0.3578.31 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) I get the following:

This server could not prove that it is easy.staples.ca ; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer’s operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Yet when I c&p the same link which has identifying information in it, into Chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit) the page loads fine without any warning whatsoever. Same goes for Firefox 63.0.1 (64-bit) it loads the page fine.

I just today switched back to Brave today after using Chrome for while since Brave had notifications with YouTube notifications not working when streams went live or posted videos. I had posted the issue got one suggestion which did nothing. That is when I switched back to Chrome. Now Brave is throwing up these warnings while Firefox and Chrome are fine. Sigh.

@fedup,
Do you have any antivirus software installed?

Yes I do Eset NOD32 by the way still not getting YouTube notification in Brave as mentioned here Version 0.56.7 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) & YouTube notifications or lack of

I had a close friend load the entire page in Windows10 that uses Windows Defender only for Antivirus protection and neither Chrome nor Firefox has issues. It indicates on his system that Digicert has verified the site. Here Firefox and Chrome has nor issues but indicate that the site cert was verified by Eset. Yet Brave complains about the trustworthiness of the site.

I’m not entirely sure what would be causing your problem. I was able to visit the site without any issue:

Which OS?

The thing is that the complete url has embedded code in it that sends you to a Apple page on the Staples Canada website. Using Windows7 x64 here

You mean its suppose to send you to the Staples Canada website, right? Because I get sent to the same page when using Chrome:

Version 0.56.7 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) & YouTube notifications or lack of

Yes the link I got in my email redirects me to page on Staples.ca IF I c&p it in Fifrefox or Chrome and hit entrer. If I c&p the link in Brave or simply click on it in my gmail account it causes Brave to throw up a warning about trust issues. It does not send me to this page whose full URL (that I have not posted here ) also has tracking code embedded in it after a ? in the URL which I removed in my posts here.

https://www.staples.ca/sbdca/en_CA/cre/products/apple-ipadpro/index.html

Is there not any way to stop the constant replaying of the animation in your posts? I find it dam distracting and annoying to see when I reply back to threads here.

I think Brave is having an issue with Expansys doing the redirect to the destination page.

I wonder if Expansys is doing some hanky panky with the site’s cert if it discovers a Firefox or Chrome ID in the browser identification since Brave which is Chromium Base displays a page referring to “ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY” and Chrome own page says “If the error mentions Symantec, ask the site owner to update the site’s certificate. Learn more about why Symantec-issued certificates are not supported.”

Perhaps. But it doesn’t explain why I don’t see the error on my end. If the issue was specific/dependent only on Brave, you’d expect any user to get the same results as you.

I asked some team members to try and visit both of the links you provided and their results were the same as mine. First link (easy.staples.ca) redirects to the policy page in my first post, second link leads directly to the Staples Canada website.

Can I see a screenshot of the security warning you get when you try and visit the link(s)?

Here you go

Remember this warning is ONLY occurring when I use the full link in Brave which has tracking information regarding my Staples account which I have NOT posted anywhere in this thread. This same link when used in Chrome or Firefox no such warning comes up.

Unfortunately I have no way to verify or test any of this without the link (not that I’m asking for it, its your private information). I even created my own account on staples.ca, and was able to use the site without any issues or security warnings. Additionally, was able to link to a product saved in my profile, open a separate Brave instance, and navigate to that link (after signing in).

I’ll have to dig around some more to see if anyone knows what may be causing this.

Check your PMs I have sent you the complete link