Getting Brave to Open on the Center Monitor

I’m using three monitors and I would prefer for Brave to open in the center monitor when I open it. However, it insists on opening on the left monitor, forcing me to drag it to the center monitor (which is getting to be a drag—sorry). I there any way I can get it to open on the middle monitor?

Jeannie

Deleted by poster…

Bump

(parenthetical comment to satisfy stupid character minimum)

@LadyFitzgerald

Do you clear out any data on exit (in about:preferences#security)?

Also, on about:preferences#general what do you have ‘Brave starts with’ set to?

Thanks for your response.

1. No.
  2. Home Page (Yahoo Mail)

Same issue. Triple monitor setup and brave will not re open on the monitor it was closed on. It always defaults to my center monitor. I had posted a few weeks ago that this only started happening after a update right before my post.

Apparently, then, this is a bug, not something we are doing wrong.

Similar experience under Windows 7 (64-bit) on a single screen.

Brave after v0.21.24: When I exit / re-open Brave, it fails to restore the screen position and window size.

v0.21.24 and earlier: after exiting, Brave re-opened with the same-sized window in the same screen position as when I last used it.

Subsequent to v0.21.24: Brave opens in the middle of my screen.

Uh, hello?..

Hello, anyone?

Btw, the restrictions for minimum reply length and not being allow to give a similar response in two threads are ridiculous!

I realize that the Brave forum and Brave is supported by volunteers but, for one to use Brave, it needs to be reasonably functional and there needs to be a reasonable amount of support. The excessive startup time I’m experiencing is simply unacceptable. The issue of not being able to get Brave to open in a location of my choosing is very annoying. There are a few other problems I’ve experienced, such as not working properly on some websites, but I have bothered to address since I’ve essentially have received no support for the two I have inquired about. Unless this lack of support improves, I will be unable to continue to use Brave, which is a shame since, overall, I like it in Win 7—it’s so much faster and safer and I was easily able to import my bookmarks—and I would be able to continue using it when I switch to Linux without having to learn how to use a new browser all over again while trying to learn how to use Linux at the same time but, as things are now, it’s not going to happen unless we start getting some support!

This is a bump to move this thread to the top.

Hi @LadyFitzgerald I share your sentiments. If you’d downloaded the browser close to 2 years ago, you’d know that a few members of the team were relatively active in the community but I’d say just before 2018 I think as more efforts are being applied to fixing major issues which most us can’t visually appreciate.

I do think its a pity and I wish a couple of engineers later on when they’re not as stressed and they can finally alleviate their efforts across the team which will most likely have to be after v1 now better manage the community because there are some really good ideas from some people which unfortunately will and have gone unnoticed.

Brave was the only browser I utilized for well over a year and it made sense to support it and continue utilizing the new browser with the understanding that they were dead set on the front and back technologies that they were primarily going to be using for the extent of its life. However, if you’re not aware, their plans changed earlier this year which is why I stopped using it altogether because of three fundamental reasons.

The first being as expressed by you in the above comments.

The second being that I knew for certain that compared to the usual bugs that would appear before the new change, bugs and other issues that users would come to face at least until the end of this year (2018) are fully expected by the team but not really by newcomers and common users of Brave and will without a doubt cause confusion and conflict and annoy the team themselves not fully understanding the behind the scene efforts which quite possibly would negatively impact Brave as we’re currently seeing.

The third being that they’re not as kind to Linux users as they are to the users on the other major platforms :frowning:

I do of course intend to use the browser again after v1 but right now it doesn’t make sense to use it at all because many aspects of the browser won’t and can’t be seen to at least until v1 is released, properly that is.

Have a look at their plans for Upcoming 1.0 Browser Release and it would likely make more sense as to why.

One other thing, @LadyFitzgerald I’m sure the great bunch of cryptographers and software engineers that Brave consists of trying to develop a unique browser based on Chromium, there’s bound to be at least one intensive developer with dual monitors experiencing the same issue as you and likewise wanting to fix it as well.

This is still an issue with the latest release

Brave: 0.22.721
V8: 6.6.346.32
rev: bfe7cdd026c68013236ebe206a33448db9370fca
Muon: 6.0.12
OS Release: 10.0.17134
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 66.0.3359.170

Heck, with each update, Brave becomes even less functional. For example, I’ve lost copy and paste on half the sites I use. Instead of fixing things, the updates break things. I’ve been using it less and less.

Another update and no change. Since this used to be a feature and is no more, I’m beginning to feel like the developers are screwing with the users.

Current Version:

Brave: 0.22.810
V8: 6.7.288.43
rev: 8f30eeba0c2d6cccf1920a360b4774f820adbc58
Muon: 7.0.6
libchromiumcontent: 67.0.3396.71

Well, there has been one “improvement”. Copy and paste seems to be working again.

Yet another release that doesn’t allow the browser to remember it’s last position.

Brave: 0.23.19
V8: 6.7.288.46
rev: 178c3fbc045a0cbdbe098db08307503cce952081
Muon: 7.1.3
Tor: 0.3.3.7 (git-035a35178c92da94)
libchromiumcontent: 67.0.3396.87