Getting brave ads despite turning them off

Please ensure that you’ve read through the following topics/pages thoroughly before opening a topic as your question may have already been answered:

Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Briefly describe your issue:
Brave ads apper despite ads and rewards being turned off.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Android

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
No

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Are you talking about Brave sponsored images in your new tab Page?
If yes, then go to settings → New tab Page → toggle turn off for sponsored images.

I don’t think you should be receiving any other types of ads if rewards has been disabled.

No. I keep getting ads of some kind of crypto credit card.

Could you share a screenshot of them?

Will post a screenshot if it happens again.

It looks like since the last upgrade when you have ads turned on to receive them you get none, when you have ads turned off they show up. Brave has the code backwards and for the month of February has not figured out how to fix this bug? if i was an advertiser submitting (paying Brave) to put their ads out to customers i would be pissed at all the missed opportunities.

There seems to be a bug, it is being worked on yet.
Tbh it works on mine and I suppose others too. It’s just some unfortunate users who are facing this issue.

Here

Turn off sponsored images.

Ah, so this is the “sponsored image” and not an ad? Hard to tell sometimes :smiley: Used to be just some jellyfish

Lol. Well, yea. They are sponsored images. They give you rewards when you have Brave ads turned on but once you turn ads off, they’ll continue appearing and the earnings / proceeds go to brave then onward till the time you turn ads back on.

solution: uninstall brave

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.