Getting back to 5 Top Sites after accidental deletion

I inadvertently deleted one of my Top Sites (that little icon is easy to click!) and I’ve been trying to find a way to add it back (I currently show 4 icons on the New Tab Page. At first, I thought that with use of that missing site (via the bookmarks) it would automatically be added back in through frequency of use but apparently that’s not the case.

I tried Reset Settings and that didn’t work either.

I’m not looking to add more sites to the default selection of 5 (though I’ve seen that request made a lot via search results and I would support that!)…I’m just trying to add one back in and increase from the 4 shown to the “standard issue” of 5. What have I missed?

Hi @DPool, Welcome to Community!
What version of Brave are you using? - brave://settings/help
Can you try:

1. opening new tab
  2. clicking on the x of one of the Top Sites’ icon
  3. and once the notification that a site was removed appears - click on restore all

I appreciate your reply but…my post was 3 days ago. In the interim, I lost patience and just decided to uninstall Brave, re-install clean and then re-import. That solved the problem.

[Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Knowing, as I do, that deleting a Top Sites icon completely removes that site from the Brave universe with no hope of ever getting it back…I’d be reluctant to do so again on the hope that Restore All would work.

The re-install was not that big of a deal…but, obviously, there are things that could be done to Top Sites that would make it much more user friendly.