Getting An Error DNS Address Could Not Be Found

Description of the issue:

I am getting error DNS address could not be found even though Internet can be accessed via Firefox. I have not tested on Chrome though.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I am not sure how you can reproduce my error.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Posting From mobile.

Expected result:
Want the issue to be resolved

Reproduces how often:

Randomly

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Windows7 . Brave 0.63.55

Additional Information:
None
`

Hi, @Russell18. It might be that Windows Firewall is blocking connections by Brave to the outside world (or if you’re running third party software, that could be doing it).

It’s been a long time since I’ve used Win7, but my memory is that the control panel is the way to go, which I can access in Win10, albeit with a different layout. Click Windows (Defender) Firewall, look for “Allow an app or feature through…”.

That should call up the list of allowed apps and you can add Brave or allow it by clicking Change settings, etc.

If that’s not even close to Win7’s layout, you may be able to get right to Firewall by goig to All Programs --> Windows Administrative Tools and looking under there and creating inbound/outbound rules as appropriate.

Hope this stuff helps!

1 Like

Thanks It did work. But I also followed this additional step am not sure if that did help. But if it did it might help other users too.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.