Gets stuck trying to finish displaying page on many websites

Description of the issue:

Recent betas get stuck for a loooooong time trying to finish displaying perfectly ordinary pages.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. open brave(-beta).
  2. surf facebook.com.
  3. observe as FB loads a quarter of a screenful or so…and hangs. and hangs. and hangs.
  4. observe that the “page unresponsive” mini-window pops up a half dozen times over the course of this. keep whacking the “wait” button.
  5. observe that even hitting the “X” button at page top does not help.
  6. observe that, having hit the “X” button, the tab’s header content STILL shows the spinning “loading” indicator. the “page unresponsive” mini-window will keep popping up during this time.
  7. observe that, eventually, it finally does load, after 4, 5, 6, 7 appearances of the “page unresponsive” mini-window and repeatedly hitting its “wait” button.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

whole lot o’ navel-gazing going on here. in this image, i have already hit the “X” button to stop loading, yet brave continues to spin the tab’s own loading indicator.
facebook-fail

Expected result:

loaded page.

Reproduces how often:

pretty much always.
this is not restricted to FB. there are quite a few sites I use, including twitter, a private chat system, and wikipedia, where this occurs.

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

0.67.107 Chromium: 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)
linux (fedora 30)
it’s been happening for a couple weeks. i kept hoping an update would alleviate this and didn’t report until now.

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

yes.

Additional Information:

as a consequence of you having de-platformed rhel/centos over the triviality of being unwilling to use a build environment that builds against a suitable glibc and now running into this kind of general failure to operate at the most basic level, i’m giving up on brave for now. i’ll keep an eye on this and other reports to see if you decide users like me are worth supporting. given the de-platform, i’m unconvinced for now.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.