Gemini wallet is not linking after log out saying "Region Not supported?"

Brave Support Team

Your reward earn scheme is still confusing and not transparent yet.
Last year user was was forced to fulfill KYC with Gemini or Uphold to receive the BAT tokens earned by watching ads.
While these rewards could be sent to brave wallet instead, without requirement of KYC
But I have did KYC with Gemini in January 2022, I have pending BAT Token 4.86 (Approx.) between period of April 2021 to July 2021, for which I am still waiting to credit into account, I have done a conversion with Steeven many times and he suggest me to create a full KYC with Uphold/Gemini, only after that pending BAT will be credited.
After creating account with Gemini, Steeven has stopped to response me, last response I got on 13th January 2022 just before creating the Gemini account.
I can understand that Brave has no intention to provide me my pending balance.

LAST NIGHT I got logged off from Gemini integrated to Brave browser (Which is called genuine process and happens sometime & you can login again)
BUT NOW GEMINI IS NOT LOGGING WITH BRAVE INTEGRATION AND SAYING
“REGION IS NOT SUPPORTED”
I have tried many times but fails …The question is “Region is supporting since last 6 month and suddenly you logged out automatically and got error of not supporting region” which kind of Joke It is??
I WANT TO ASK BRAVE SUPPORT IF THEY DON’T WANT TO PAY BAT TOKENS PLEASE SAY CLEARLY AND DON’T FORCE US TO DO KYC WITH UNKNOWN WALLETS LIKE GEMINI OR HOLD OR ETC…
I DON’T KNOW WHICH ONE IS CRATING PROBLEM BRAVE BROWSER OR GEMINI WALLET…YOU NEED TO INVESTIGATE…
I am attaching screenshot …

Thanks
Prashant S

The same thing happened with me. Logged out of my 3 devices. Gemini/Uphold are restricting people from certain regions to connect through Brave. Accounts won’t be deleted but they won’t be able to use it for brave rewards.

This was the last update on this. Check your region below and then verify.

I would say just collect it in your browser and hope they’ll start supporting other regions as well.

Thanks maniesh for Update

It is serious concern…that first of all brave force us to create account on Uphold/Gemini.
Now these cheap wallet provider doing their monopoly/drama for region support.
Such kind of cheap drama was not here when we create account first time…wallet has created without issue…no kind of issue regarding region support or something else during KYC…now when BAT are reaching withdrawal threshold …drama start…
Brave team must solve this issue…or we have to stop use of such kind of browser…there are many loopholes in their reward system…

1 Like

True, this isn’t how such company should handle things.

Brave is big now. They should atleast maintain some time-bond limits for these wallets. You can’t just stop everything all of a sudden without providing any alternatives.

And at this point, in the name of KYC, they are just collecting user data. The first alert should be to check your region not KYC. They brag about software way too much but where’s the security when you need one.

It wasn’t like brave was perfect and then stopped immediately. They had a lot of issues. My rewards were not even processed properly. And now, i have just left all my hopes for them.

You are right Manish

Brave rewards are also not processing properly for me also.
They didn’t process whole balance to wallet…1 or 2 BAT always remains…
The balance must be stored into brave wallet…there is no need to create accounts on other wallet…no need for KYC…because we can see now that drama begins…there might be many issues like KYC issue, region issue…anything…
Brave support must reply and solve this issue…
At last we have option to close setting of “Ads Watch” , If they frequently create the problems…there is no need to watch their ads further…

So, first of all, linking restrictions don’t depend on Brave but the exchanges they use to withdraw, in order to allign with governments rules. KYC: it’s mandatory, when you take something you could convert in fiat currency you have to provide your identity. Also you can still use Reward system cause Brave allows it, it’s the exchange connection/widget no more possible after latest updates about regions restrictions. Last thing, Brave Wallet: different argument, but it’s not possible fo them to release the token directly there, they would break financial laws (atleast for some countries). If you using Brave mostly for earning BAT i suggest you to do more researches, avoiding to be disappointed, otherwise it remains a great browser to surf the web and you can always use your balance to tip.

Well, thing is regardless of browser we are specifically talking about rewards mainly. The browser is obviously great, I have been using it for more than 4 years now.

It’s not brave’s fault entirely but the way they have started doing there operations. I understand why they can’t use brave wallet but instead of restricting your audience in large number, they should have an understanding between their exchanges. In the end, it’s all business and services. An alternative should always be there, it’s not like there aren’t much great wallets here.

The browser on its own is very great but adding the BAT rewards was much cooler. Not like I will stop using brave. It’s just I still have a lot of BAT waiting in the browser, sad can’t use them anymore.

And the KYC point was mainly for people who are new here and are told to go for KYC at the very beginning. These people are new, they don’t know about the latest updates and they go for KYC straightforward. If brave in the addition of their rewards system starts informing to please check your region beforehand. It would be good.

The restriction situation is a new thing, it involves latest
governments regulamentations (some are straight crypto-banning) as economic developments. I read in the forum some mod saying Brave is thinking an alternative, but as an US company should require to KYC withdrawal users anyway, and sending BAT paying ETH fees in the wallet wouldn’t be smart, other than ask identification for on-chain txns by a privacy focused browser.

Brave Support Team
could you please tell me that where my June 2022 rewards of 3.985 BAT are going now…??
Gemini is not linking…these rewards of June 2022 will stay in browser or will get disappeared just like as reward of May 2021, June 2021 & November 2021…got disappeared

???

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.