Gemini linked Rewards seemingly disappeared? Also looking to see if I can transfer from different wallet

Briefly describe your issue:
As this whole Gemini/Genysis suspending withdrawals, I can’t login to my Gemini account to access my BAT, but up until a minute ago it was still showing my active balance in my brave rewards wallet on the main screen, until it just went to 0.00 BAT, and when i go to balance it says $NaN 28.75 BAT (My previous balance). Does anyone know what to do or how to get my BAT off this exchange? like maybe its backed up in my brave rewards wallet? or can i transfer it to that? please advise

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
macOS Big Sur and Brave version 1.45.127

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes, with Gemini

What date did you verify your wallet?
Over a year ago
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

**Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??**Yes

Wait. The BATs stored in Gemini will be safe there. Once Gemini service is restored, you’ll be able to see them. Don’t worry.

I appreciate that. Ironically, when I click on Rewards settings, it displays the full amount, just not on the main screen. Are we thinking gemini’s service will be restored or could it become insolvent? or is that why they halted withdrawals, so they wouldn’t become insolvent?

Yes, they will restore it soon.

And is it also stored in my Brave Rewards wallet? and if so is there a way to transfer my balance from there?

I really hope so. I mean it was only like $7 worth of BAT but still…

Yes, they will. This has happened earlier. If you try digging in, you will see that services are interrupted some times but they are brought back, right ?
SO thats the case here. Temporary issue.

I know I just figured it has to do with the Gemini/Genisis Crisis

What crisis ?
Can you please enlighten me ?

Check Youtube. Gemini/Genisis had to pause withdrawals because of Gensis’ connection to the FTX disaster

Oh, sure. Thanks. I didn’t know about that lol

Yeah. Status.Gemini.Com says that customer funds are safe while they work to restore service.

I guess just edit the post.

@davemp88
UPDATE →
Able to login to Gemini once again. The assets are still there. So all’s good. Withdrawals and Deposits of BAT are still paused, should be back soon, I suppose.

@davemp88 Deposits and withdrawals are online again.

I just noticed that, thank you very much! is there anyway i can transfer it from Gemini to coinbase without being charged 4 BAT? ive heard some people say like change it to another kind of crypto and that doesnt have a fee and then transfer it to my coinbase account? thoughts? should i be worried about gemini becoming insolvent like FTX?

Not sure. Thats for Uphold I suppose. I’ll tag @Aman_M @rodrige @Saoiray any ideas ?

What I do generally is to, keep the website open and monitor the fees, and sometimes it dips down to as low as 1.8 BAT, so when I think it’s favourable, I withdraw.

They are just talking about swapping it. But even that can have a fee. I use Uphold, so I can’t answer on Gemini. In general, just converting to Fiat and withdrawing to your bank is the cheapest.

If you want to send anything from Gemini to Coinbase, you’re going to have gas and/or network fees. There’s no escaping that. It doesn’t matter which coins you use. Also, swapping often has fees as well.

1 Like

So like on Uphold, if I wanted to convert some of my BAT to BTC, I’d go to my page and I would select Transact and then fill out the info, such as you see here:

Then when I go to next, it would have me Confirm it’s what I want to do. From there, it just swaps. I’ve not seen any fees when I’ve done it, but I’ve also never done any huge amounts. I do know they have some fee schedules though.

If I wanted to send it somewhere, I’d do a similar. Only on the Transact pane, I’d then look for the option that says Crypto Networks and I’d choose the coin I want. Such as let’s pretend Bitcoin again.

This time, instead of it swapping and staying in my Uphold, it will ask for the address I’m sending it to.

I’d type in and then show next page, but since it’s Confirm I don’t want to risk it. As to whether Uphold will cover the gas fee or not, I also don’t know.

As for Gemini’s fees, you can basically see them at https://www.gemini.com/fees/transfer-fee-schedule#section-deposit-fees

1 Like