Gemini is reporting to us that this wallet is already in use with another Brave Creators account. Please try disconnecting the original wallet, and then disconnect and reconnect the wallet on this account

Hi,

I have a problem wen i try to connect my creators wallet to gemeni , I Revoked the access from gemeni to all application and i keep getting this error :slight_smile:

“Gemini is reporting to us that this wallet is already in use with another Brave Creators account. Please try disconnecting the original wallet, and then disconnect and reconnect the wallet on this account.”

Some help will be more then wellcome

Regards

Can you please submit the information surrounding your issue to our form there so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

Thank you, i sent all info (i fixed the problem… (i was stpid, my fault) was loged with personal and website email… But i have another problem wen i try to connect wallet from the brave rewords i get “Error: Region not supported” and was connect a few days ago

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.