Fullscreen - wrong size / fitting

Description of the issue:
When setting a stream to fullscreen the size will not fit correctly. It’s zoomed to much, so I dont see the full / complete stream.

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): **

1. Open Brave
  2. Starting Stream - for example - on dazn.com
  3. Press Fullscreen Icon within the video (bottom right)

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
See comparsion of the full video (in window mode) where you can see the batch (up left) with the current time and result of the game - and compare this with the complete screenshot when at full screen mode (no time, no result - nothing to see)

Fullscreen disabled - full size - time / result on the up left can be seen completly

Fullscreen enabled - to much zoom - no time / result on the up left

Expected result:
See the complete video

Reproduces how often:
as much as you want

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
macOS 10.14.4 (Mojave) and Brave Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (official Build) (64-Bit)

Additional Information:
seems to depend on the video stream vendor because at netflix or amazon this problem can’t be reproduced and the full screen mode working fine.

@Maddeen,
Thanks for reaching out. I believe this is due to the site attempting to canvas/detect the dimensions of the screen you’re using which is being blocked by Brave. To resolve, try visiting the site, opening the Shields panel (lion icon in Address bar) and change the Device Recognition setting to Allow all.

Let the page refresh and let me me know if this resolves the issue for you.

Hi @Mattches,

thanks for your reply. Sadly I can not confirm your solution. I already deactivated brave shield for this site completly. But to make sure thats no bug, I activated brave shields and allow the device recognition. No change - still got that problem.

Maybe one of you guys also got an dazn.com account to proof it - or just use the 30 day trail.
Meanwhile I tested it with youtube and other streaming plattforms - they all provide a correct fullscreen, so I think that dazn is using some kind of special streaming service?!

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Unfortunately the site does not offer a free trial at this time. Would you mind sharing the console output when streaming these videos for me? To do this:

1. In Brave, navigate to Menu --> More tools --> Developer tools --> [Console tab]
  2. Now, visit dazn.com and select a video and start streaming
  3. Look in the console tab and take a screenshot (like the one below) of the console window:

Maybe they provide the trial only in germany … but here is the screenshot you need.
Notice: they are no live streams at the moment so i played a replay video of a soccer match.
Hope that makes no difference - the problem with the “zoomed fullscreen” persists

Push - Any new ideas?
Not able to watch a stream in a fitting fullscreen is very annoying.

Trying to get past the geo checks, which country is being tested from? Installing Ubo and seeing what easyprivacy/easylist filters would help to debugging it. (and if it also affects third-party adblockers)

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.