Frowny face on websites

I am in IT and i review a lot of tech websites (such as Tomshardware.com) load and then they turn into a black page with a frowny face in the middle. I don’t want to have to change back to using chrome, but if i cannot get to my tech websites this browser is useless to me.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reuben

Hi @rodanley. Could you provide system details as per posting guidelines.

I am getting the same thing but only when I go to the Yahoo home page. I am technical and suspect some kind of malware I have done every type of malware scan and don’t suspect that I have any Malware. ITs only yahoo no other browsers do the same thing very frustrating.
Chris

@PShellRocks Does it show the frown face the moment you visit Yahoo? Or does it happen when the tab is backgrounded?

It goes to Yahoo and I can see the entire page paint and then it goes to
the sad face. Does Brave have a fiddler plugin?

Have had this happen while visiting YouTube, I installed Adobe Flash plugin and this issue was resolved for me at least.
Brave 0.18.23
rev 36ae2ec
Muon 4.3.10
libchromiumcontent 60.0.3112.90
V8 6.0.286.52
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
OS Platform macOS
OS Release 16.7.0
OS Architecture x64

@PShellRocks Could you try clearing your browser cache and try again? Also could you let me know the browser version you are using.

@martinr does it happen when the tab is active or backgrounded?

It always happened when the tab was active, in focus. Adobe install/update fixed it for me.

I am running Brave Version 0.18.23 it happens when the tab is active but clear local cache has prevented it. Do you know if the frown face is a Brave image for an error or is it coming from something else? It smells like Malware of some sort. I want to rule out that it’s some hidden malware.

Its just that the tab fails to load the content because its crashed similar to how a browser crashes. Do not worry its not a malware :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.