Hi all - When I start Brave on my desktop, it is several minutes before it works effectively. Until perhaps five or six minutes go by (different on different days) I get frequent Error - Network Changed, or “Your connection was interrupted” errors. If a site does manage to load, it’s very slow loading, sometimes not loading all the way or having a great deal of trouble. There is no network problem on the machine or any of my other devices using the same sites with Edge, Chrome, or FireFox. I am using Windows 10 on the problem machine. I update Brave whenever it’s available and am currently on 0.22.714 and the V8 is 6.6.346.26. The problem is not with my network - speed tests run perfectly and I don’t ever have any network/speed/connection problems with anything else except on occasion my Microsoft OneDrive does seem to take forever to sync right when I start my computer, but this Brave issue seems to be related to starting the browser, not the computer.
I did the “how to solve almost every problem after install” nuke and the funny thing is it fixes it for a while - maybe 2 or 3 days, and then it’s back to the problem again. This has been going on for months so I basically don’t use Brave anymore on my desktop. It works fine on my laptop (also Windows 10) so it’s something with this specific hardware I’d guess. ASUS machine, happy to provide any other hardware details.
Thanks in advance for your help.
5. Help us help you. This is how we expect you to write a post:
- A. Make a meaningful title. “Clicking on the Done button 3 times crashes Brave” is much better than “Brave suddenly crashed”.
- B. A screenshot or recording of the issue (Licecap is totally free to use http://www.cockos.com/licecap/)
C. A listing of:
- i. Your Operating System and version (Mac 10.11.x, Windows 7/8/10, Linux distribution, iOS 9/10, Android)
- ii. Your Brave Version. (Desktop users please copy info from about:brave using the clipboard if possible)
D. Detailed step-by-step instructions of how you came across the issue.
- i. I downloaded and installed Brave.
- ii. I created a bookmark and clicked the ‘Done’ button three times.
- iii. Brave suddenly quit and my bookmark was not created.
- E. Count to 20 and re-read your post. Could someone take offense at your post? Could you say something a bit more clearly?