Freezes of Tab bar GUI in newest Android release

I’m using Brave browser for about 3 months on my Android tablet and until app update on 19 Nov never had issues with it.

Description of the issue:
Since 19 Nov Android app update (one introduced Binance widget) tab bar freezes after playing video from any site on full screen. Current page, address bar and 3dots menu are still responding, but I can’t switch between pages anymore or open new page using ‘+’ button, so looks like tab bar GUI is only not responding.
Need to restart browser in order to change page.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open any page in 1st tab
  2. Open odysee.com/Youtube/Vimeo in 2nd tab (probably any site with full screen video player).
  3. Play video on full screen

100% reproducible.

Expected result:
I can switch back to 1st tab.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
You have ‘Menu->Settings->Brave - About’ in browser. If you want people to report exact version of your app, then make it copy-able on touch, or add button like ‘Copy report info’.

Mobile Device details
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, 8GB RAM/256GB storage version.

Android 10, newest update from samsung (1-Nov-2020 security level)

Additional Information:

3 Likes

I have a galaxy tab A and also see this.

For me, all I have to do is play a youtube video and switch to fullscreen and then back. After that, the whole tab bar freezes and I have to force quit brave to fix it.

I’ve had this happen several times as well. Force closing Brave fixes it briefly. In fact it happened while typing this comment.

1 Like

Indeed freezes happens after video is played in full screen.
I updated description.

I have had the same issue with tabs not closing since the widgets update. In addition, pop-over ads/accept cookies notifications are affected sometimes as well.

Forced closure of the app does fix the issue for a short time.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 with Android 6.0.1

Looks like this is the same issue as Tabs not working

I have the same problem on my Samsung tablet.
Android 10, SM-T500